Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tekante

Tekante

Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible?   Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:32 am

[May Contain Spoilers? If you haven't read all of Strawberry 100% that is]

You may or may not read this wall of text, I'm typing this in part to vent my rage in a civil manner.

I don't know anymore. After reading the entire series of Strawberry 100%, I found it quite touching, but at the same time I felt some serious furious rage inside me, and I even had to vent my anger out by typing it out. I went through 8 volumes in one whole Saturday because I wanted to see Aya (Main Female Protagonist) get together with Junpei (Main Protagonist).

But in the end, due to Aya's timidness and lack of courage, she fails in getting Junpei and even confessing all of her feelings later would be far too late. Junpei on the other hand is so frustratingly indecisive of about whom to choose (Out of four girls, it's a harem), which pretty much is the reason why the series is 19 volumes long. Because he waited too long, he ends up hurting one of the girls (emotionally), and later on because of some stupid misunderstandings with Aya, he goes back to his ex (Tsukasa).

For the longest time in the series, Junpei has his eyes on Aya, which I was hoping for. And at the end, my hopes were raised extremely high when Junpei broke up with Tsukasa a second time, I thought he'd get with Aya afterwards, but no, that doesn't happen. Aya gives up and moves on with her life and Junpei reunites with Tsukasa in the epilogue, which dashed my hopes entirely. And then my rage ensues.

At the same time, Aya being with Junpei would make the entire series too predictable and it wouldn't be fitting for Junpei to break up with Tsukasa a second time just to get with Aya, as much as I'd hope he'd do that. But timing made all the difference, and because of that, Aya lost to Tsukasa.

I love the series and I even think that the ending fit too, but I can't help but feel flipping madness and fury that Aya didn't get with Junpei.

This causes two contradictory emotions towards the same thing, which feels very very very weird.

=============================

TL;DR - The same thing that makes me love the series also maddens me to no end.

Discuss similar experience or not, this is really just me ranting. I had to post somewhere or else I'd explode from my pent up rage. =_=
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/8637591
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible?   Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:51 pm

Lol. Reminds me of this clip of this group of girls who all look like they got shot when their pick for winner of American Idol didn't win.

I haven't experience that before... I don't read much manga, and the ones I usually read don't have that kind of material. Only exception is Love Hina, read half way and saw the marriage cover on the last volume, and I was like meh...

-Mantello
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

PostSubject: Re: Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible?   Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:36 pm

It's really frustrating to love and hate a series at the same time, dude. D;

Every time I think about it, I either get angry or depressed, or both.

But yet I still love it. So I keep on re-reading it from time to time, which pretty much just sends me into a perpetual cycle of despair and rage, because every time I read the chapters where Aya and Junpei have their special moments I die inside knowing that they won't ever get together. Mad

If it weren't for Aya misplacing her bra, everything would have worked out. >:[
And now I feel like punching a baby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/8637591
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible?   Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Augh, Loving and Raging at the same series at the same time, is it possible?
Page 1 of 1