Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3

Go down 
+2
Bloodlust
Kairi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kairi

Kairi

Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:12 pm

The three lastest game systems by each company: Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. In your opinions, which one do you think is better graphics, games, hardware, etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1208892/
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:00 pm

I have a PS3 so I vote that......I only own One game though -_-
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/keeper_of_honor
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 pm

Wii cause I have one and it rocks. The graphics aren't as sharp as the 360 and PS3, but its much cheaper. First party games are really strong, but too bad there aren't too many of those.

More people are willing to play the Wii then other systems though. Proof was at the party I was at last night, it wasn't just guys there were crowding the game system.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:47 pm

Nintendo always does well with playful things.

Between the Ps3 and the Xbox 360, well, FF13 was supposed to be the tipper, until it became available for both stations. So the PS3 is in the dust, though, with KH3 and God of war 3 in the near future, I can see it getting a better following.

Xbox 360 also promoted HD Dvd, while PS3 promoted Blue ray. We all known which one of those are winning. Bad thing with all three are the backward compatibility stuff. If you have the nintendo games for the Wii, you still have to buy them to download and you have to buy the right console to be able to play the other games on the other systems.

So far, the grading system would go Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3. At least for me Very Happy and I done have either one!
Back to top Go down
http://clearly-anime.omgforum.net
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Toshiba dropped out of the format wars, so they are not going to be making any more HDDVDs. Good news for PS3, since they come with a Blu-ray player, and the console is actually cheaper then regular Blu-ray players. It even comes with a device to play games! Anyone who purchased that HDDVD player for the Xbox360 now has a pretty much useless device that no one will buy.

And I think the Wii has the best backward compatibility out of the three, I haven't had any problems playing any of my GC games on it. You don't have to use the Wiimote for them either, there are Gc controller ports on the top that you can use. I have heard in the past that the 360 offered limited backward compatibility, letting games like... Barbie in Pony Land and not Ninja Gaiden. PS3 only offers you to play Ps2 games on the 600? (80 gig) dollar system.

Only thing I don't like about the Wii is that the game experience on multiplatform games is much different. I noticed that it was missing certain details... esp in GH3 (Flaming Hands T_T).
Back to top Go down
lionheart1791

lionheart1791

Location : WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW!?!? ARE YOU STALKING ME OR SOMETHING!?!?! *TWITCH TWITCH*

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 5:48 pm

Jaitne wrote:
...though, with KH3 and God of war 3 in the near future, I can see it getting a better following...

You can't forget Disgaea 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgaea_3). That's what sold it for me. But yeah, my vote definitely has to go out to the PS3. It has so many features such as blue-ray, and the graphics are amazing.

I personally own a Wii right now, but the problem with this system, is that if you don't have other people to play against you (like me) it kinda gets boring at times. It was made to be a family based system, and they succeeded... almost too well I think, because solo playing is really horrible after a while.

As for the Xbox 360...well...the only good game that really came out for the Xbox (that didn't come out on the computer or the PS2) was Halo, and, to be honest, that game really sucked. And, so far, the Xbox 360 hasn't done much better in terms of good games. Although it does rival the PS3 graphics-wise (and is better in this aspect at times), the PS3 still has my vote, because it has the graphics, and the games that you can enjoy the most in your free time.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Graphics wise, I'd say they're equal. It just depends on the game makers. For instance, Prince of Persia will probably look exactly the same on an Xbox 360 and a PS3, the same with FF13.

The biggest probelm with the PS3 system I see is that there aren't that many exclusive games out for it yet. FF13 was supposed to be exclusive, but it's not now, which means a lot of people aren't going to go off and buy a PS3 if they have an Xbox 360.

Also, I've read that the Xbox 360 has a better library than the PS3. Probably because it's had more time to stay out.

The problem still with all of them, except the Wii, is that there's not rea backwards compatibilty on the better game stations. I mean.. why would someone take that out? It just ruins most of the fun.

Plus, I think the Wii will get better with DDR, because no you get to use your hands! *whoos!*
Back to top Go down
http://clearly-anime.omgforum.net
lionheart1791

lionheart1791

Location : WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW!?!? ARE YOU STALKING ME OR SOMETHING!?!?! *TWITCH TWITCH*

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Jaitne wrote:

Plus, I think the Wii will get better with DDR, because no you get to use your hands! *whoos!*

LOL!! I see what you mean, but out of all the games I've seen come out for the Xbox 360, there have only been about 2 that I've wanted to run out and get one for (those being the new Star Ocean game, and the new Tales game). There are, however, a lot more games that I want to get for the PS3, and knowing Sony, those 2 games I mentioned will be on the PS3 before long (they've done it before with Resident Evil 4).
But I think it just comes down to your personal preference in the end.
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Alright, since I finally have a PS3, I don't have to have a biased opinion on it.

After playing a bunch of demos and Valkyria Chronicles, I have come to the conclusion that the PS3 is more or less just as fun as the 360. The PS3 has a few perks that are better than the 360 like more comfortable controllers and not having to use AA batteries, and an internal wireless network adapter. Though, that's still not enough for me for it to be better.

Overall, imo: 360 ~ PS3 > Wii
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/8637591
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3   Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. PS3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clearly Anime; LHS anime club :: Off Topic :: Arena-
Jump to: