Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poster Contest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Title: Poster Contest
Contest Starts: 9/15/2008
Contest Stops: 10/10/2008
Entry Limit: 3
Winners: TBA
Judges: TBA
Voting Period: 10/17/2008 at the club, I believe :O

Accepted:If you're using copyrighted material, please make sure it's just the pictures from the show and not someone else's art.

Declined: No material made by someone else if we don't have their permission.

If your picture was made to have color, you should specify that and have the means to copy things with color on your own if you win (as the school doesn't have that many color printers, and most other people aren't going to allow their colored ink to be used Very Happy)

Please Include
Some of these things should be thought of when making a poster for the anime club:
  • Room
  • Time
  • Topic
  • Catchy phrase
  • Eye catching quality xp
  • Black and White or color
  • Colored paper or white paper
  • size
  • Forum address, maybe?

Sending in
Title a PM "Poster Contest" Or something that gives the idea that you'll be making an entry for this contest away, and send it in to Me (Jaitne) and I will post it up the day the contest ends. Also, if you are not able to scan in your works, you can contact me here, or at the club and I can either take a picture of it, and name your dimensions there, or scan it in for you.

-If other people can, or want to do that, too, please tell me now so I can list you up here as well.

((September 14, 2008))

((Sunday, September 7, 2008))

-------------------------------------------

I like this idea, personally. So we can have pictures and things that we want up there that seem interesting enough.

The idea of the contest is that you craete a poster, upload it someplace, post it here, and then we vote at an appropriate date.

Posters, if you want them to be set out around the school, should be small and not colored (unless you want to place some on colored papers).

Things should be black and white, or close to it, for easy printing capabilities.

A set date for them to be turned in isn't really set, but it would be nice if we could have some in by this Thursday (8/28/2008) so we can post them up later. Otherwise, it would be nice to have them around next Wednesday (8/3/2008).

Since this is a makeshift, spur of the moment contest with no real ending date (yet). Don't worry too much about the small stuff.

Though, the skeleton for the contest will be ready in no time (and hopefully, by the real end of the contest, we'll have a few posters to paste around the school for promotion!)

Last edited by Jaitne on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://clearly-anime.omgforum.net
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Great Idea. Lets make our Posters all spiffy and eye-catching. This I can do, so expect something from me Very Happy

I encourage all members to try their hand at producing a poster. Great way to get members involved, and get more people on the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of our club's future Mangaka works!
Back to top Go down
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:09 pm

haha xD I might enter this contest; because I have a drawing waiting to be scanned here xD. Actually its in my scanner right now; but Im lazy to scan it. Its a Chibi drawing; so it might fit with the anime club.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Yay, some competition! Lets see how many entries that we are going to have. I have an idea we could possibly do with the other entries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Yay! More interest!

I just hope we get a lot more/better ones than last year. Sad They were all the same and kind of bland.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:27 pm

The Conan one was pretty good. Drawing wise at least. I know the person who drew it so I can't criticize it in fear of getting (Insert Verb Here).
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:25 pm

I saw that one a lot of the time, but.. all the posters were in T wing, in around the same places. And they were all the same. Which is why I'd like a little more diversity in our poster mix, and why I'd like to post them around several places in the school.

It wasn't like the posters were horrible, it was just like a song that's played on heavy rotation on radio stations. You get nothing new, and you hear it every day, almost everytime you turn on the tv. It loses its umph.

If I hadn't been looking aroung T wing, the only clue I ever would have had would have been from what was said on Catcom and then all the questions about who started the club up.

We maybe should find.. colored paper to print some of them on. I think having a little more color would catch someone's attention. If we're feeling great, one day, we can just make large posters in the club and find a place to put those up. They provide more information and a lot more club effort.

Now I'm rambling, oops. I'm just so excited that it's so close Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 am

For those of us with no drawing skills what-so-ever can we photoshop something or just edit and anime picture with stuff for the club?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/keeper_of_honor
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:51 pm

I am hoping that we can do that... It was what I was planning to do.
If we have pictures of a hand drawn anime character, I think we can just use renders and what-not too. Don't think we will run into any copyright issues or anything.
Back to top Go down
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Or maybe we can draw our own original Characters.
I have some OCs that I like to draw; like Asellus, Liu Liu; and my first and Fav. OC Susue (xD yeah i know its my name.)
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Ah, my drawing skills are horrible. I'm going to stick to using high quality color renders, and then gray scale the entire thing when I am finished. Going to have a nice color .psd so we can change around the text if we need to.
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:40 pm

Img

Thats What I got done So far.....It's still a work in progress. I've never customized a pic before except for e-cards on The Otaku when I was younger so I'm outta practice. I only know how to customize text. The text on the top I want to be a different font. I wanted to make the words look on fire but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm more than willing to get people's help if they like this so far though.

Last edited by Jaitne on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : page stretch)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/keeper_of_honor
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Contest has been updated, a direct date will be set soon, more than likely.
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:54 pm

I have some adequate shooping skills, maybe I could whip something up with my neighbor. ;D

EDIT: It's not much right now, I can add other stuff later.
And I can put up more genres and post them around the school too.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/8637591
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 pm

>.>

Well, lol, I hope everyone doesn't do motivational posters.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Demotivational are much more funny :3

Anyways, I started working on my poster... what exactly do we need on them? I was thinking about making 3 or something to appeal to the different audiences ;o
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Jaitne wrote:
Please Include
Some of these things should be thought of when making a poster for the anime club:
  • Room
  • Time
  • Topic
  • Catchy phrase
  • Eye catching quality xp
  • Black and White or color
  • Colored paper or white paper
  • size
  • Forum address, maybe?

Some of those things would be nice. They don't have to have all of them, but a nice general idea of where and when would be cool. It helps to herd the lost little sheep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poster Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poster Contest   Poster Contest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poster Contest
Page 1 of 1