Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Computer Stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CodeBliss

CodeBliss

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm

I put a bunch of my stuff when i shared my desktop but decided to make a topic about computer stuff...
for example, the programs or hardware you use... so here goes!

First of all, i have windows xp and you can see the remodeling i did in 'share your desktop'

• Probably the most important program i use is media player classic with the cccp codec, it's similar to vlc player except with more options and hotkeys. It plays basically everything, including flv's and mkv's
  • Veoh is good for downloading, pretty sure that one is common knowledge
  • Mostly use photoshop, but pain.NET comes in handy when i dont want to wait for it to load
  • I use Red Kawa to convert videos to mp4 so i can watch them on my ipod.
  • Freez FLV to MP3 Converter comes in handy to get music off of imeem
  • NetworkActiv PIAFCTM 2.2 picks up all the traffic that passes into your computer
  • Flashget is an all in one download manager, it boosts download speeds, and does torrents as well
  • Finally is winamp which is a music organizer like itunes but runs better, faster, and looks nicer, plus, you can just drage everything from itunes into it and then its done

Here are some sites that make life easier...
  • Keepvid is an easy way to get video off of viral sites
  • Crunchy Roll has some good streaming but the copyrighters watch them carefully and takes down licensed videos as soon as possible.
  • And anime squish is basically hoarding veoh, megavideo, imeem, and myspace video all in one place

Computer Stuff Gundamv2
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Man, we are suppose to SUPPORT the anime industry. Oh well, you gave all your secrets without the bat of an eye.

Just for the heck of it, DownloadHelper is a great and faster alternative to NetworkActiv PIAFCTM 2.2. You can grab .FLVs from almost anywhere, and fortunately picks up stuff from Imeem.

Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:31 pm

I don't know crap about this kinda stuff....My dad never lets me download stuff on his PC so I can't exxperiment. Like for instance I have no idea how torrents work.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/keeper_of_honor
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Torrents Suck. Don't worry about learning what they are. Direct Download ftw
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:39 pm

I just recently got one, I always knew how they worked (for the most part), but having one shows it a little better.

Though I know the feeling, I can't download a thing I want without my mom doing it for me.
Back to top Go down
http://clearly-anime.omgforum.net
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Well I bought Vocaloid v2; a japanese audio program.
It's awesome I can make random songs xD.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Vocaloid v2....I really, really, really want that program. I Have a Miku Nendoriod near the top of my list of figures to get (once I have the money), and it would be cool to get the program that made her popular. How much did you pay for it? And do you know anywhere I can get it here in the states?

I heard that it only supports Japanese though...

Back to top Go down
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:06 pm

I spent like 80 bucks on it; yeah it only works on Japanese computers. That's why I installed it on my code geass laptop xD. I bought it in Japan; I can try and find a way to buy in the states.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Lol 80 bucks. A lot different then from the other programs I've been wanting/getting (Sony Acid 6.0 $399!). I know that there is an english Volcaloid program, Prima I believe. Too bad it doesn't have the Miku on the box.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Stuff   Computer Stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer Stuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clearly Anime; LHS anime club :: Off Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: