Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Go down 
+2
TheMantello
Bloodlust
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Empty
PostSubject: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm almost done with the first season. I have become addicted. It's random like Azumanga daioh but with an intriguing plot and has it's own dance. When the light novels it's based off of come out in America in april 2009 I'm definitly buying them. Has anyone else seen the series? I found an awesome hi-def playlist on youtube with all the english episodes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/keeper_of_honor
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:54 pm

Seen 13 Episodes... I think thats the first season. Wasn't a masterpiece in my opinion, but decent. I saw the series in the "Broad casted" order, and I found myself looking to past episodes because they seemed to talk about stuff that didn't happen in the previous episode.

Me, being a Lucky Star fan, certainly loved the voice acting (Japanese). Aya Hirano is my all time favorite, and there was an appearance of Minoru Shiraishi. Watching LS first, I could certainly hear the similarities between Haruhi and Konata.

Although it isn't my favorite anime, I do have a Haruhi Figma (Review coming soon!), and an SOS Armband, which is a bit too small for my manly arm.

If you like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I strongly suggest you watch Lucky Star. Heck, I strongly suggest anyone how likes anime to watch Lucky Star. Lucky Star FTW.

(Seriously, I think you should watch it... theres even a part when Kona cosplays as Haruhi and does a short dance skit.)
Back to top Go down
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:04 pm

hey i have the haruhi's outfit xD with her headband ribbons and the armband and xD.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:33 pm

The entire outfit? I think the uniform plus the yellow hair band/tie are pretty cool. Just having the armband still allows me to keep my identity as a manly man while still having a female cosplay item.

Wonder how people would react if you walked around school like that.
My bet is that half wouldn't understand.
Back to top Go down
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:31 am

yup i bought it at harajuku xD i should wear it on halloween.

i think we should have a meeting on halloween.
Back to top Go down
ammy-chan

ammy-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:03 pm

I hven't watched the series yet. That's the next one i watch. I think. But is it really that good. Looks weird to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:09 pm

It may look weird and the episodes are not in chronological order but trust me....There IS a plot. And a pretty good one too if I may add.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:18 pm

Lol I didn't see a plot when I saw it. I would call it an acquired taste in anime. Its uber popular with my favorite blogger though.
Back to top Go down
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:43 am

yeah they even have a second series too.
Plus i read the novels xD
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:13 am

Haruhi Season 2? Orly? I didn't hear about that. Are the manga licensed in America?
Back to top Go down
Kairi

Kairi

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:03 pm

So I started watching this series, past the first episode. And I have to say, it's really random, but hilarious. So far I'm liking this really random anime. >.>
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1208892/
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:04 pm

yeah it said it in my magazine. i dont think the manga is lincesd xD cant spell.
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 pm

Didn't the manga fail or something? That's what I heard. >__>
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/8637591
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:26 am

From where? I haven't seen any mentioning of it anywhere. I would think people would say stuff about it if it was soo bad.
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:27 am

Eh, I'm not sure, it was quite a while ago. I heard that the manga wasn't very popular and was cancelled or something. I'm probably wrong though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/8637591
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:56 pm

I think you're right about the manga. The entire anime is based off light novels. Same with the manga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clearly Anime; LHS anime club :: Anime, Manga, and Art! :: Anime-
Jump to: