Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)

Go down 
+3
aya_cutiegirl
Jaitne
TheMantello
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Empty
PostSubject: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:02 pm

Yay... School. Time to kill those AP classes I'm going to be taking.

Im happy to be back, get to see friends every day and hang around. New year, fresh start.

Don't know why I am talking about school, but here are my goals for the 2008-2009 School year.

- Stay about a 3.5 GPA all year
- Get all A's First 6 weeks (Haven't gotten it since 3rd grade)
- Get to top 15 in the class
- Take SAT and fulfill the Bright Futures score requirement.
- Make Anime Club POWAFUL!!11one

Should have made this during the First day of school, but I'm bored.

Welcome all Incoming freshmen, and welcome -back- all Sophomores, Juniors (ME!), and Seniors.

PS. Whens the first anime club meeting? ,_,_, ';,,;' ,_,_,
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:40 am

I was actually going to look into that and ask, but I also remember that we wrote down a time for it to start (or thought about one).

Now, we can have a few baby meetings before starting anything, to get good publicity and all so people know about the club's real starting time. When we start getting more members, passing out the rules and bylaws, etc etc.

I'm also goign to be going back to school on the 11th, so I was going to ask about having club pages on the Lakewood page. Now, I'm not sure if that will actually happen, but it would be pretty cool!

I would like to get more activities with the club going on. Since it's very new, and most times people just talk about what they like in a club they join, well.. I would like this to be a little more active and fun.

We could have movie days and things like that, but I don't think there will be an actual meeting this month. Next month is probably more likely. But we can always have one of those mandatory officer meetings, where others can participate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://clearly-anime.omgforum.net
aya_cutiegirl

aya_cutiegirl

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:02 pm

lolz.... Well, so do I... I have to fight against those AP classes too... Uhm.. hopefully we can have some class together... Uhm... my goal is to get top 5... heheehehe.. I am going to try hard to achieve my goal... But first, I want to enjoy the rest of my summer and suffer with class works, or test later.. hahaahah... Well, good luck next year and will see you some day very very near right?
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Well, AP classes aren't that hard in the class, and you can pass the tests if you study for them.

If we get enough real members >.> we could also sign up to join into.. some Funimation or ADV films anime club thing. Where they send us clips of their shows. But I don't think that one's going to happen, lol.
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:30 pm

I just can't wait cause I only went to the very first meeting last year and the last two. I want to find out who everyone is cause to be honest I only know a couple of the members on here in the club *sweatdrop* Yeah I'm an idiot...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/keeper_of_honor
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Hehe... its fun not knowing who your talking to, or it is to me at least.

I haven't heard of that ADV/Funimation thing before...but it sounds cool. I mean to take this club seriously, not use it for an excuse to hang around after school longer with friends. I'm sure there are tons of people at Lakewood who have a passion for anime, but since we are new, we need to get some rep and boost our image. Hopefully then we could have some biug things going on... like a minicon or festival during the school year. Who knows, we may be the next big thing at Lakewood Very Happy

P.S. -> I thought ADV went out of business.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:18 am

ADV films? Oh nononono! That was Geneon. ADV films is like.. the top American Japanese animation producer. Next is Funimation, more than likely.

Geneon used to be Pioneer, but a lot of people have access to the their stuff, so they weren't making a lot of money, I believe.

Though, since Geneon's going down, I think ADV films bought it?

But, apaprently, ADV films club thing is down for now, but I found another one. lol

Right Stuf's

Funimation's

I had someone else in mind that I wanted to call, because my mom buys stuff from them. I was also thinking of calling this one magazine, but these are all just thoughts.

And it's ok. I went to the first meeting, signed in, but couldn't stay. I went to every single meeting after that, though.

I could make us popular >.> if you all tell your senior friends to vote for me in homecoming (since the yearbook forgot to put my picture in there last year!! Mad ).

First real meeting day, we could have a getting to meet the club, where the members get to know each other.
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm

That would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Oh! I sent an email out to a few people (if I sent it to the correct email), so two people who may want to join and become anime club members might be here soon Smile

Otherwise, the first meeting will probably be the last friday of the month (8/29/08). Personally, I think it should be more of an officer meeting, where members can come in and talk, but if the turn out is high, then.. I guess we have ourselves a real one.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Hurricane Tuesday :O

Good thing its not on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Kairi

Kairi

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:04 pm

I heard there's no school on Tuesday, er... tomorrow! D=
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1208892/
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:31 pm

There isn't. I got the official call at school Razz
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:30 pm

Well the first "week" Of school is over. Yay for weekend!
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Only what... about two whole semesters to go? My current schedule is pretty awesome, I practically get out of school at the beginning of 7th period. Multimedia....too bad the room is like a freezer.
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Meh......My schedule is pretty wonky. At least I have Web 2 for 7th.
Back to top Go down
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Kairi wrote:
i was soo glad that happened last year;
cause if it didn't i would have been absent on the first day of school.
(stupid airport people)
I'm beginning to like this school year soo far; its...been intriguing.
last year was bleh; boring.
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Susue-chan wrote:
Kairi wrote:
i was soo glad that happened last year;
cause if it didn't i would have been absent on the first day of school.
(stupid airport people)
I'm beginning to like this school year soo far; its...been intriguing.
last year was bleh; boring.
At least last year I was still in Lakewood. T-T
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/8637591
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)   So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So... School Starts (ONCE AGAIN)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clearly Anime; LHS anime club :: Off Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: