Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random bits

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:36 am

I know someone here will remember this picture >.> as they helped fill in the words on the side.

I shrank it in imageshack because it was a little too big for me. I started on coloring her in, but, I'm horrible with computer graphic coloring. The larger version of her, not SD, didn't turn out quite as well as I wanted when I did that, anyway.

Help is always nice. I'm not good at drawing horns, either, if you were wondering what the large protruding masses were on her head.

Random bits Chibidemonlq5

There's actually more to come, since someone wanted me to post some of my stuff up and my deviantart has nothing to do with anime D:
Back to top Go down
http://clearly-anime.omgforum.net
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:49 am

This is the normal form of the character up there, she went through.. many phases before being colored in. This was my first graphic arts attempt >.< By the way, I don't have photoshop, I use GIMP. It has some similar traits to that program, but not as good(?) or it sometimes just doesn't have them at all.

Random bits Demongirl

Random bits Girl1tw9

Random bits Girl

Some people have seen the finished project. I'm also horrible at picking out colours, so I had someone else do that for me.

I've also been told that her eyes weren't in the traditional anime style, so.. I'll tell you now, I coloured them in differently on purpose.

I'm horrible with shadows, so the guideline I tried to put up in the second picture didn't go as well as I hoped it would. However, unlike most of my three-quarter view pictures, I feel I made her face look.. fairly good.

Oh yea, no folds, ftw! I'm horrible with those, too!
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:06 am

This was my second graphic arts try, I feel I did much better on the skin and I love the top of her head! If only just for her hair. I included a few close ups of the parts I was working on at the time, and the parts I liked.

Yes, she looks crosseyed, I know. When I zoomed out, I noticed the oopsie. But.. since I believe you all are reasonably nice people, I'ma let you see my oogly blunder. >.> If you look at it when it's tiny, it looks much better? I've contemplated taking out all the work I put into her eyes and just keeping them blank (all filled in with yellow).

Random bits Snake2

Random bits Swork

The detail I put into the eye, that you can't see in the full picture >.< It was about a x400 zoom
Random bits Eyeow4

See the hair on her head!!?
Random bits Sfacean0

Random bits Sgirl-1

I've also realized I didn't actually finish her off. She had a necklace that I neglected to colour in. Forgot her lips, too, but those aren't as big of a deal. Oops.

I used a gradient to help me with lighting, which.. I'm still not good at XD Her eyes still aren't in the normal anime style, and instead of redoing her lines, I tried to use them the entire time in the picture, because I didn't feel like using the pen tool. So, this meant that I had to manually color everything in and erase any stray marks from me going outside the lines.

The hardest part was the top of her head (hair) and her skin. They gave me the most problems, overall.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:17 am

My newest one, which I've been working on for a couple days now, the lineart is not at the same resolution as when I scanned it in. All my other pictures were scanned in at 300dpi, so they could stay their same size, mostly. This one is 600dpi, so it takes up more memory when I load it on my slow computer. It's actual size is 5100 x 7014 >.> much too big for a forum.

Random bits Shrinkgrlface

I've been colouring her in, too.

Umm, you've probably also seen that my style has changed.. yea, I experiment a lot. Half the lines of hair are just there as a guide for when I try and color it. I don't believe I'll have a scalp as good as my previous one Sad but I hope to get close! They're supposed to be the same person, but I tried to make her look a little better. I think she looks better.

Also, I went through so many lips on her. It was difficult to situate them just right on her face, because 3/4 views are my fault (along with profiles). I loved that I got her eyes to come out normally, though! I learned from my mistake, success!

I thought about giving this one its own space, because I'm currently working on it. It probably will, in the end. So, it's time to think up a new thread name Very Happy

Help and constructive criticism is still, always appreciated.
Back to top Go down
lionheart1791

lionheart1791

Location : WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW!?!? ARE YOU STALKING ME OR SOMETHING!?!?! *TWITCH TWITCH*

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Very nice! That first picture looks pretty good colored in, but I like the second version better. The first one kinda looks like an Christmas elf Razz. Btw, you should do an SD of the lamia. I'd like to see what that would look like, lol. Well, I think I've blabbered on long enough, so...keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:22 pm

I usually flip my drawings vertically... it helps me identify any flaws I have in my picture. Also, do you use a frame before you draw the figure? Having the framework body really helps with limb proportions and placement. Your latest post has a faint attempt at having a layout for the head, but I don't see any facial guide lines.

Back to top Go down
Susue-chan
President
Susue-chan

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 4:29 pm

nina-chan that's pretty good coloring by using GIMP; I use photoshop but i hardly color on it now; because I became lazy.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:20 am

The first coloured in picture of her wasn't ever going to be those colors, unless the person I was talking to said they should be. That was just so she knew what parts were the same color and what parts weren't.

And an SD Naga girly, I can see if I can do that. I wanted to draw a dragon girly.. kinda, with horns coming from her head <.< less curled, ram ones and more like Antelopes! Whoo, antelopes! And a really long neck with some weird choker bracelet necklace thingy and weird eyes Surprised

You know how good I am with horns albino

-----

I'm not an all oh so talented artist >.> so checking to see if my drawing looks correctly would have to be learned. I guess you mean that I can check my lines and everything better?

And yes, I use a frame for all of my people before making them and all, I'm just not really good at that, either, lol. I found that out when I was trying to make full snakey bodies, which I guess I can post parts of later, because I'm sure never going back to them.

Facial guides I'm not too good at, either. I can never really place the eyes in a good enough place, and I'm not really good at making faces unless they're head on. I usually make a circle and create the line of how they're going to be turned, so I have an idea where to place the chin and how the body will be centered, if I draw it. I tried the eye line thing on one drawing, and I just ended up not drawing them in, lol

----

and.. lol. You should do more! I saw your art and colouring and stuff, it's REALLY good. You gave texture to things.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:42 am

These are the bleh ones >.>

The left one (the first picture).. I showed the eye I attempted to make, but that didn't come out too well.

The right one is basically just what I kinda tried where you can see the mini facial lines and stuff. Her tail.. I have a piece of paper I drew what I thought looked like snakey poses all over it in stick figure land. I did draw a line that basically followed her tail's path and you can kinda see from the small picture that I did have lines for her body.

Random bits Tinysnakeej8Random bits Tinysnake2zc4

And nopes, I'm not thinking of finishing either of them. Technically, the first one is done.

This is one I did a while ago Surprised, but I thought she was cute. I loved her hat, because it took me forever to do.
Random bits Tinywitchpi2

---
I think I'm going to add tiny pictures in this one later, because these ones aren't as new.. and I have a few really old ones. This could just be the lateness speaking, though.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:09 pm

Lol, the girl on the broom reminds of a character in flyff (Game).

I remember having someone draw me a picture JUST LIKE THAT, non-colored so I could color it. I got maybe 1/2 through it, and it looked amazing, but it got erased when my HD failed late 2006.

Oh, and another thing, possibly draw bigger. My drawings looked so-so and a bit messy because I tried to fit too much detail into a really small drawing. I started drawing bigger and it made it easier to put in the details.
Back to top Go down
aya_cutiegirl

aya_cutiegirl

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:37 pm

lolz, I drew some of the anime too. Whenever I have time, I will share them to everyone. Hehehe, I got like a collection of my anime drawing.
Back to top Go down
aya_cutiegirl

aya_cutiegirl

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 pm

Alrighty, now I got a chance to post some of my pics, uhm, they're pretty bad... heeheheh.
Conan Detective ( Is anyone here watch this anime yet? So far this is my fav. one lolz)

Random bits 112

Ranma 1/2:

Random bits Untitl15

And some others anime (that I don't know the name lolz):

Random bits Untitl12 Random bits Untitl16
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:57 am

I personally think they look great. <.< You just lied to me, pretty bad, pfft.

And yea, I watched detective Conan >.> only on Adult Swim, it was like my animated Law and Order.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm

I saw one episode, and from what I saw was pretty dirty. It was a pretty long time ago, and it was like 3 in the morning, so maybe I was hallucinating.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:28 pm

It might have been.. I can't remember it because it was soo long ago, but I remember liking trying to figure out what happened. Saddest thing is, you really couldn't do that with what they gave you. It was always something weird and out there.

----

And the chibi naga I said I would try to make. I made it faster than I thought I would XD

Snakey picture

----
I changed it to a link because I thought it filled the screen up a little too much

Last edited by Jaitne on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:25 pm

Would you mind if I copied it and tried to color it?

Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am

If you mean my picture, I don't mind. I can give you a larger one, though.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:01 pm

She's gonna have red hair and greenish eyes. Nothing really flashy.. if I get to this one. I do need to find a finer ink pen, though. So I can color them all in easier >.<

Random bits Odettescan-1
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Ah, been working so I didn't have time to really think about coloring the smaller stuff, soz.

Anyways, nice work on your most recent one, I like the eyes. However, I think you sloped the shoulder a bit too much leading to the head.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:46 pm

Awe.. >.> well, next time I guess I'll try not to. I especially liked the eyes, too! Which is why they were the first thing I actually worked on.

I had a new idea on doing hair. Plus, I was lazy, and there was just too much to do. I also forgot to add in the extra hair stuffs in this one >.< so I feel kinda bad. But this is basically what I finished up with. I tried doing skin.. lighting the way I did lighting ont he hair, so everything was kinda painted on the same way, except the eyes.

Initially, the eyes were blue.. because I could pick better colors to blend with them, lol. So.. when they were finished, I changed the hue and got green Very Happy I think they're an almost acceptable green.

Random bits Oddname

Random bits Odd2
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:02 pm

The coloring came out really nice... again the eyes are the best in my opinion. Actually, when I looked again at the neck on the color version, it doesn't look too bad. Only thing is that I find the hair a bit...weird... for a lack of better word. Some places where the hair is just doesn't feel right for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:47 pm

Probably. I had a hard time on the hair, especially since I tried to copy parts of it off a picture. This might help you get a better idea on what I attempted Surprised

It had a lot of loops and things.. parts of which I didn't even try doing. lol

By Jenny Harmon Scott
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Yeah... that seems a bit hard to replicate. Hair was particularly "flowy" in the back.

The reference helped me find what bothered me. It seems as the left side of her head was cut off a bit. Too slim of a stand of hair to make it seem that it is covering her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 am

Hehehe. Thanks for the tip. I've been working on other pictures, all 3/4 views so I can get better at it!

So.. I might have something else up soon.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:18 pm

I won a subscription on deviantart!! YES!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random bits   Random bits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random bits
Page 1 of 1