Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So a new year is coming...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

So a new year is coming... Empty
PostSubject: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:13 pm

Yes, it is almost that time again, where the school doors open and the stress starts to build. Alas, a new school year also brings forth a entire year of opportunity, where we can waste it being lazy or take advantage of it and pull off a great year, academically and socially.

Looking at the past, we have had this club for about a year and some, and we still haven't made our presence known to the Lakewood community. Of course beginnings start out rocky, this is prime time to pull this together and have a REAL club that has consistent club activities and events. We have a new year, a new president, a whole new class to recruit new anime fans... a great chance to show what we can do.

So, let us prepare for the new year by doing a couple of things.
  • Become more active on the forums
    Yeah, I know this forum has been somewhat dead for a while, and I honestly have not logged in for around a month and a half. However, this forum usually is what people first look at when wanting to join. By having an active fourm community, we show that we are actually a club that shares a common interest, and not just a few individual's small hangout. Also good to have more people to chat with ^^

• Plan club activities
    Please pardon my thinking to limited attendance to club meetings, but from what I have heard and seen, club meetings consist of hanging out, and watching various anime. It is fine that we are doing that, but I find that it can become very boring very fast. So I suggest that we use our creative minds to come up with other events and activities to fill up the week. Have each weekday dedicated to a different kind of activity, so we aren't doing the same thing all week long.

• Recruit more people
    We have another freshmen class incoming, and this is a great time to try to get new members. I think a interest meeting at the beginning of the year would be a great way to familiarize new people to what we do. Tell friends to tell their friends about it. Any way to know that we are here and open to everyone would work. Having more people join would mean more creative minds and more fourmers, so it helps my above bullets.

I know we all want to see this club take off and turn into a really outstanding anime community, but it requires our work and support to get it off the ground. Would be awesome to see anime club be the talk of lakewood one day, hehe.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

-Mantello
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

PostSubject: Re: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:06 pm

I probably won't be in the club this year, I'm getting transferred to Dixie Hollins. D;
Buuuut, hopefully I can come back next semester.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/8637591
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Tekante wrote:
I probably won't be in the club this year, I'm getting transferred to Dixie Hollins. D;
Buuuut, hopefully I can come back next semester.

Aww really? Your will still be on the forums right?
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

PostSubject: Re: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:13 pm

Yeah, I'll be back at Lakewood sooner or later. Probably later.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 am

Ah humm...

alright, well good to hear you are coming back sometime. Even better to hear you are staying on the forums. You have been the most active forum user from what I have seen.

Have fun at Dixie

-Mantello
Back to top Go down
Tekante

Tekante

PostSubject: Re: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:53 am

>.> I´ll try... and lol, I´m posting from Spain.
These Spanish keyboards are confusing to use.
Back to top Go down
Kairi

Kairi

PostSubject: Re: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:46 pm

I was thinking to hold some sort of contests. I know it happened last time, but now we have more members... so more people will be likely to join... with good prizes to win, of course. >.>

That way we can promote our club to expand even more, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1208892/
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

PostSubject: Re: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Contests would be good after we have money to hold them.

Dues need to be paid!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So a new year is coming...   So a new year is coming... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So a new year is coming...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clearly Anime; LHS anime club :: Off Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: