Clearly Anime; LHS anime club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearly Anime; LHS anime club

Welcome

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Layout Halp!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:16 pm

Alrighty, then. By the name of the topic, I'd like help with the layout.

Now, it shouldn't be too hard to make, but I was wondering what you (the memebrs) would like as a layout, since you guys are going to be looking at it every time you come on.

This is the second one I picked, because the last one has a few issues with its color.

The main problem is: I don't want to use someone else's forum skin, I want to have a custom made one.

Pink, as a main color, is out, as I don't think some of the members involved would like to come to a pink site.

Further on, there will more than likely be more done on getting a new site layout and contests that will arise from it, too.

I was thinking of having a layout forum topic, that would be open at certain times to talk about the layout and what the new one should be.

Hopefully, the newest one made, or thought up by someone here, will not be as temporary as these last ones (I'm thinking of having it last for a month or more, unless people get bored).

So, without further ado, I ask, what do you want the theme to be?

The skeleton so far (Copy and paste it, then fill in the form):

Code:
[center]
[size=18]Colors[/size]

[b]Text:[/b]
[b]Link:[/b]
[b]VLink:[/b]
[b]ALink:[/b]
[b]HLink:[/b]

[b]Header font:[/b]

[b]Background 1:[/b]
[b]Background 2:[/b]
[b]Background 3:[/b]

[b]Row 1:[/b]
[b]Row 2:[/b]
[b]Row 3:[/b]

[b]Buttons 1:[/b]
[b]Buttons 2:[/b]
[b]Buttons 3:[/b]

[b]Scrollbar Face:[/b]
[b]Scrollbar Highlight:[/b]
[b]Scrollbar Shadow:[/b]
[b]Scrollbar Arrow:[/b]
[b]Scrollbar Background:[/b]
[b]Scrollbar 3Dlight:[/b]
[b]Scrollbar Darkshadow:[/b]
[/center]

For each of the categories with 1-3 picks of color, that means you can create a gradient if we use a picture to fill it in. This means, that you can just pick one, or you can use more. We will figure out if a gradient is to be used later, but the colors should be basic colors, then we can figure out on different shades, ect.

On another note, the colors you're listing are listed in preference of what you want to see before the others.

Vlink = visited link
Alink = link while it has been clicked
Hlink = hover link

This is by no means all there is; this is just the basics to get started.

Also, you are allowed to add in your other thoughts. You don't have to just fill in the skeleton.
Back to top Go down
http://clearly-anime.omgforum.net
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:39 pm

I personally would like a black-white-gray color scheme, but I have no experience whatsoever with forum designing. But, I really don't like the current one, I can hardly tell what the buttons say because the text is the same color as the button background color.

I think we should first come up with a banner, and then design the forum around that. You could possibly organize a banner contest if we got enough people interested, but we also have to know who is going to use this site since you said other schools might be using this site also. They might not be too happy with just Lakewood Anime club as the banner.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:48 pm

They're friendly guests. I mean, we could just be basic about it, but if we do more things situated for our school on an off topic stand point, I would think they would expect it. The forum was made for Lakewood's Anime Club.

Also, I can find a quick change, because not being able to read the buttons was a problem last time, too.
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust
Heaven Piercing Mod
Bloodlust

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Black as the main color and Crimson as the secondary. And if we have any artists in the club then maybe a custom banner...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/keeper_of_honor
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:04 pm

I can make a banner or photomanipulate, that's all my deviantart really has.. which means it's not anime related, so it's not going up.

But, I mean, if I have an idea of what you guys want, or a sketch, we could make something for the time being before starting the forum layout contests.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 5:43 pm

How about a color scheme of Black and Yellow to represent Lakewood? If we can organize the colors well, it could turn out pretty nice. And for a banner, maybe take a preexisting well known anime character and change the colors around to match the colors of the forum. I'll think it over and make some things, cause I have a lot of free time this summer.
Back to top Go down
lionheart1791

lionheart1791

Location : WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW!?!? ARE YOU STALKING ME OR SOMETHING!?!?! *TWITCH TWITCH*

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:09 pm

Hmmm.....I like the idea of the school colors. And the anime character for that matter. I think I might actually get to work on that. I've got a pretty good idea as to what I might do.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Black and Gold?

Most of the time, it seems like the school's using black and yellow, though.
Back to top Go down
Pink_Flower

Pink_Flower

Location : Who knows!? I live in the Middle of Nowhere according to my friends. It takes them hours to find me.

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:43 pm

If you use black and gold or yellow, why not use a black and yellow for the main theme of the bannner with a golden trim, accent, or text?
There is an image from Skip Beat that has the black and yellow color scheme. Although black is used as the accent and there is more yellow. It's not painfully yellow either, but there is a lot of white. If that is what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://squirtaltears.deviantart.com/
lionheart1791

lionheart1791

Location : WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW!?!? ARE YOU STALKING ME OR SOMETHING!?!?! *TWITCH TWITCH*

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:05 pm

What I was thinking of doing was going with the anime character idea, and partially golding the characters out with a semi-transparent layer...if that makes any sense.

Unfortunately, I can't do this until I get photoshop or fireworks back on my computer (cause my hardrive was recently fried Crying or Very sad). I'm working on that now. After that's done, I'll start working on the banner thing Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 11:38 pm

It sounds like we're making a bumblebee layout.
Back to top Go down
Pink_Flower

Pink_Flower

Location : Who knows!? I live in the Middle of Nowhere according to my friends. It takes them hours to find me.

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Some one could make a super cute anime bumblebee layout! Insted of a catgirl it'd be a bumblebee girl! It'd be so cute!
Back to top Go down
http://squirtaltears.deviantart.com/
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:28 pm

The Bumblebee Tuna song can be our theme.

However, if we were to make something like that, someone would either have to find a character that was in an outfit like that, or.. like.. a bee anthro, or draw it ourselves so we don't have to deal with copyrights, or something else along those lines.
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:51 pm

I don't find bumblebees appealing, or any insect of that matter. I also have no idea what the Bumble Bee Tuna Song is...

Contest sounds like a good idea, then we can vote on which banner/layout we like the most.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Bumble Bee Tuna!

Well, there's the song I meant. All in jest, of course >.>

But about a contest, would anyone like it to be started now, or soon, and have a deadline pretty soon afterwards, too?
Back to top Go down
TheMantello
WINNAR!one!!!11!

TheMantello

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Start it up when you have the rules ready. Also have the deadline before the start of the school year so we can have an awesome layout for any new members that may be interested in joining.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Ok, well, I have the littst contest board up, so the contest in question should probably be up and running soon. Once the little details are worked out, it'll be posted and the contest will start.
Back to top Go down
lionheart1791

lionheart1791

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:01 am

Well, I know I said I would get started a while back, but I really haven't had time until a few days ago. But, anyway...here are two ideas I've been fooling around with for the banner:

Layout Halp! Clearl11

Layout Halp! Clearl10

I know the second one has some issues, and I'll try to fix those....but...I wanted to post these. Sorry this is so late. I really meant to get these here earlier.
Back to top Go down
Jaitne
Admin
Jaitne

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:39 pm

The colours do look a tad bit weird, lol.

But it's nice that you're thinking about it. I'm thinking of putting the contest for it out soon, I just have to get a few things settled and staright so you guys know what you can and cannot put in. Also, sizes and all the other bits and pieces that go along with it (because the forum has more entries for its look).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Layout Halp! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Layout Halp!   Layout Halp! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Layout Halp!
Page 1 of 1